Is Collaborative Divorce For Me?
Divorce is a sensitive personal matter. No single approach is right for everyone. Many couples find Collaborative Divorce a welcome alternative to the often destructive, uncomfortable aspects of conventional divorce. If these values are important to you, Collaborative Divorce is likely to be a workable option for you:
- I want to maintain the tone of respect, even when we disagree.
- I want to prioritize the needs of our children.
- My needs and those of my spouse require equal consideration, and I will listen objectively.
- I believe that working creatively and cooperatively solves issues.
- It is important to reach beyond today's frustration and pain to plan for the future.
- I can behave ethically toward my spouse.
- I choose to maintain control of the divorce process with my spouse, and not relegate it to the courts.
- If this path seems appeals you, then contact a collaborative professional here.